The Early Intervention Clearinghouse has put together a selection of updates and resources to help families stay informed about early intervention services in Illinois during COVID-19. Even during this unusual time, families can keep working on EI outcomes during play and daily routines. We hope these resources help you start to think about everyday moments in the kitchen, when doing the laundry, or playing on the couch and turn them into opportunities for Everyday Early Intervention with your family. In addition, please contact us to request books and DVDs for you and your child to use at home.
For more information from the Illinois Department of Human Services and the Re-Open Illinois EI Workgroup regarding early intervention services during this time, see:
Most Recent Information for Families
- Frequently Asked Questions About Resuming In-Person Visits for Families in Early Intervention – 08/26/20
- Social-Emotional Supports for Children and Families During COVID-19 – 08/10/20
- Frequently Asked Questions About Live Video Visits (i.e., teletherapy) for Families in Early Intervention – 6/15/20
- Early Intervention Evaluation Process using Live Video Visits – 05/26/20
Most Recent DHS Weekly Updates:
- Illinois Early Intervention ReOpen Phased Plan Weekly Update – 08/28/20
- Illinois Early Intervention ReOpen Phased Plan Weekly Update – 08/21/20
- Illinois Early Intervention Re-Open Phased Plan Weekly Update – 08/14/20
- Illinois Early Intervention ReOpen Phased Plan Weekly Update – 08/07/20
- Illinois Early Intervention Re-Open Phased Plan Weekly Update – 07/31/20
For more in-depth information for providers, please visit Early Intervention Training Program COVID-19 resources (Using Live Video Visits in EI During COVID-19 training for providers) and Provider Connections COVID-19 resources.
Tip Sheets for Families on Teletherapy (Live Video Visits) and In-Person EI Visits
Everyday EI Tip Sheets
To request your own print packet of the Everyday EI Tip Sheets, click here.
We encourage you to take care of your mental and physical health during this challenging time. For more information about resources in our state related to COVID-19 and early childhood learning and development, check out the Illinois Early Learning Project’s COVID-19 resources or additional resources found at the Governor’s Office of Early Childhood Development COVID-19 Resource Page.