Requesting a device
How can I request an iPad or hotspot for EI visits?
- Complete the request form on our Technology Loan Program page.
- Be sure to complete all fields and reply to the confirmation text/phone call/email sent to you to ensure a quick delivery.
How are devices shipped?
- Devices are shipped using United Parcel Services (UPS).
- A signature is required for delivery.
- After three delivery attempts the device will be returned to us.
When can I expect the device to be delivered?
- Devices are usually delivered 1-2 days after shipping.
- We include family’s email on UPS notifications.
- Those notifications include a tracking number.
Using the device
How do I get started with the device?
- A Quickstart guide is included with every device.
- Charge the device.
- Power the device on.
- Enter the password listed on the front of the device.
I have never used an iPad. Is it easy to use?
- Most iPad users find that it is not difficult to use.
- The touchscreen is very responsive.
- Open the apps by touching them gently.
What apps are provided on the iPads?
- We include the following apps:
- several video meeting apps (Zoom, Teams, Amazon Chime)
- the CDC milestones tracker app
- 2 eBook apps (CloudLibrary and Libby)
- Additional apps may be downloaded using an Apple ID (not provided).
Can I use the iPad for email?
- Families can use their own Apple ID to download apps to the iPad.
- Create an Apple ID using a current email that you have access to and then create a password.
How does a hotspot work?
- A hotspot provides internet access much like a home’s wireless modem or router.
- The hotspot name & password are included with the hotspot.
I forgot my password. Who can help me?
- Text 2475-(847) 231 or email Illinoisemail@example.com to request a password reset remotely.
Zoom is asking for a password. What is my password?
- Users create a Zoom password when they create an account. We do not know the zoom password.
- Zoom can also be used without logging in. Providers should send the meeting code and password to the family in order to connect for visits.
How can I create an account on the Zoom app?
- The family does not need to download the Zoom app because is already on the iPad.
- The EI providers should share the meeting ID and password and the family will be able to connect for a live video visit.
Renewing the device
I received an overdue notice. I thought that I could keep the device until my child turns three. When do I need to renew the device?
- Families may keep the device as long as they are using it for early intervention services. Due dates are initially set for 4-5 months in most cases. At that point, contact us to renew it.
- In the box with the device, we send important information about the device, information about how to renew, and instructions on how to return it.
Can I renew the device?
- Devices can be renewed by contacting the Clearinghouse
- by text: (847) 231-2475
- by email: Illinoisfirstname.lastname@example.org
- by phone: 877-275-3227
- Devices can be renewed until the family transitions out of early intervention services.
How long is the loan period?
- A typical loan period for technology is 4-5 months, as long as a child does not age out of EI or terminate services during that time.
- Contact us to renew it.
Returning the device
How can I return the iPad or hotspot?
- A prepaid UPS label is included with the device when it is shipped to the family.
- If the prepaid label is missing, we can email or mail a replacement.
- Families will need to drop the box with the iPad or hotspot off at a UPS drop location near them to be shipped back. That cost is covered by the Illinois Early Intervention Clearinghouse.
What happens to messages or photos when I return the iPad?
- Families can back up data to their iCloud account using their Apple ID and account.
- iPads are immediately reset to factory settings upon return to our office. This permanently removes all personal information and data from the iPad.