Plain text available below PDF.routines
Daily Routines Are Learning Times
Engage My Brain, Body, and Voice to Help Me Grow
You can help promote healthy development for a child with developmental delays by involving them through conversation and simple actions during regular activities throughout the day. It’s easy as talking to your child about your everyday routines.
- Help me learn my body parts, clothing names, sequence (first my sock, then my shoe, etc.)
- Describe texture, taste, colors, opposites (hot/cold, soft/hard)
- Encourage me to feed myself with a spoon, cup, or my fingers
- Read to me. Let me read to you
- Talk about our day together
- Sing a lullaby, share music
- Let me help! I can match socks, empty laundry baskets, hold a dustpan or broom, wipe a table, etc.
- I can follow directions: pour water, grasp toys, scrub myself, name objects
- Hide my rubber duck under a washcloth and ask me to find it