The Illinois Early Intervention Clearinghouse is pleased to announce we are loaning technology to help families in early intervention participate in live video visits, or telehealth. Many EI families are receiving services by live video visits. To help families with technology needs, the EI Clearinghouse has added several technology devices to the lending library:
- iPads with a cellular data plan (device and internet access)
- iPads without a cellular data plan (device)
- Hotspot with cellular data plan (internet access)
All tech loan requests are added to a waiting list. Please respond promptly to communications to ensure you receive a device as one becomes available.
To apply to receive the technology, please complete our Device Loan Request Form.
Technology Loan Program Information and Forms
- EIC Technology Loan Program: Borrowing and Return Information
- EIC Technology Loan Program: Use and Responsibilities
- Quick Start for Data iPad
- Quick Start for Wi-Fi
- Quick Start for Verizon Jetpack
- Returning a Tech Loan Device
- Tech Loan Device After Use Survey
Families can work on EI outcomes during play and daily routines. We hope these resources help you think about everyday moments in the kitchen, when doing the laundry, or playing on the couch and turn them into fun learning opportunities for your family. In addition, please contact us to request books and DVDs for you and your child to use at home.
This FAQ will help answer common questions that you may have about our tech loan program.
This program is funded in part by a COVID-19 grant from Arc of Illinois in partnership with the Illinois Council on Developmental Disabilities and the Governor’s Office of Early Childhood Development.