- Materials check out for 4 weeks
- You may check out up to 5 items at a time
- You may request to renew items 2 times (as long as there is not another request for that item).
Books and videos through the mail
- You can have items mailed to you
- You don’t need to be a member of a library, but you must live in Illinois
If you know what you are looking for…
Use the online catalog and provide us with specific title, author, and call number information via our Materials Request Form
If you have a general topic you are looking for…
Use our Contact the Clearinghouse Form to provide us with the topic (e.g. Speech Therapy, Autism, or Picky Eaters) and type of material you are interested in (e.g. DVD, Books, articles, and websites).
The items will be mailed to the address you provide (e.g. your home).
Please return materials to a local public library. The library will route the materials back to us free of charge.
You may also mail materials back to us, but you will be required to pay the shipping charges for the return, therefore we encourage you to return our materials to your local public library.
Some library materials (i.e. assessment kits, manipulatives, etc.) are available for in-library use only. Please contact us to schedule an appointment to use these items.
Public Library Members
We encourage EI Clearinghouse Library patrons to use their local public library to request our materials. Using the Illinois Interlibrary Loan System helps lower our mailing costs so that we can continue to provide you with the best possible service.
- Once you have found what you are looking for in the catalog, go to your local public library and say, “I would like to request this item through OCLC Interlibrary Loan.” Librarians at your library will be happy to help you.
- Our items will be sent to your library, where you’ll pick them up. Please return materials to the same public library.
Find libraries where you live using your local city directory or through this link.