The EI Clearinghouse publishes a quarterly newsletter, Early Intervention Clearinghouse, for families and providers taking part in the Illinois Early Intervention program.
The newsletter contains family-friendly information and resources available about early intervention.
Subscribe to our electronic newsletter.
- Volume 30, Issue 3 (Fall 2017) Toilet Mastery for Every Child; Learning Body Care Routines: Take It a Step at a Time; SSIP: An Update for Parents
- Volume 30, Issue 2 (Summer 2017) Early Intervention Fits Right In; The State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP): An Update for Parents; Family Outcomes Survey
- Volume 30, Issue 1 (Spring 2017) Teaming For Outcomes; What Is the SSIP? What Parents in Early Intervention Might Want to Know; Family Outcomes Survey
- Volume 29, Issue 4 (Winter 2017) Let’s Move!; Motor Moments Are Everywhere; What’s the Difference Between Physical and Occupational Therapies in Early Intervention?
- Volume 29, Issue 3 (Fall 2016) Clearinghouse Revises Family Guide; Tune Into Your Child’s Sensory Experience to Support Development and Learning
- Volume 29, Issue 2 (Summer 2016) Responsive and Trusting Relationships Are a Strong Foundation for Your Child
- Volume 29, Issue 1 (Spring 2016) Everyday Fun: Spaces!
- Volume 28, Issue 4 (Winter 2016) Routines Provide a Sense of Security
- Volume 28, Issue 3 (Fall 2015) Healthy Sleep Key to First Few Years
- Volume 28, Issue 2 (Summer 2015) Assistive Technology for Infants and Toddlers
- Volume 28, Issue 1 (Spring 2015) Building Your Child’s Social Skills Can Bring Lifelong Rewards
- Volume 27, Issue 3 (Fall 2014) Connections on Your Early Intervention Journey; Word From Parent Liaisons; Off the Shelf at the Clearinghouse
- Volume 27, Issue 2 (Summer 2014) Nurture Your Child's Nutrition; Food Fun Plus; eBooks Are Here
- Volume 27, Issue 1 (Spring 2014) Parents and Children Play to Learn; Parent-Child Play Activities to Promote Healthy Child Development
- Volume 26, Issue 3 (Winter 2014) Reviewing Your Individualized Family Service Plan; It’s Time to Change: How We View a Child’s Growth; Director's Corner; The Family’s Role in Early Intervention Services
- Volume 26, Issue 2 (Fall 2013) Early Intervention: Partnership at Its Best; Professional Development. Must Reads. We’ve Expanded Our Autism Collection. Great New Resources for Illinois Families.
- Volume 26, Issue 1 (Spring 2013) The EI Clearinghouse is your Information Station; Borrowing materials from the EI Clearinghouse is as easy as A–B–C. Clearinghouse Resources Can Help You Navigate the Early Intervention System.
- Volume 25, Issue 3 (Winter 2013) What Parents Can Do to Encourage Language Development. Check out our new Board Book Bags. Making the connections: How Babies Develop Language Skills.
- Volume 25, Issue 2 (Fall 2012) Paying for EI services. Exciting Changes at the EI Clearinghouse.
- Volume 25, Issue 1 (Spring 2012) Early Intervention Visits in the Home: Boundaries Promote Success. Meet Our New Librarian! Tip Box: What Happens When Early Intervention Ends?
- Volume 24, Issue 4 (Winter 2012) Crisis Nurseries in IL. Revisions in Federal Regulation for Early Intervention. Tip Box: Video List Updated!
- Volume 24, Issue 3 (Fall 2011) Resources for Family with Young Children. Do You Have an Early Head Start Program in Your Community? Tip Box: Director’s Corner –having conversations with your child, providers, etc.
- Volume 24, Issue 2 (Summer 2011) EI Clearinghouse Expands Its Collection. Your Legal Rights. Tip Box: EI Clearinghouse on Facebook and Twitter.
- Volume 24, Issue 1 (Spring 2011) EI Clearinghouse Revises "Family Guide". Resolving Your Family’s Concerns. Tip Box: EI Clearinghouse on Facebook and Twitter.
- Volume 23, Issue 4 (Winter 2011) Your Child’s Transition Out of the Early Intervention Program. When I’m 3, Where Will I Be? Tip Box: CONNECT Transition Module.
- Volume 23, Issue 3 (Fall 2010) Looking for Information on Autism? Child and Family Connections. Tip Box: Family Fee Payment Address Change.
- Volume 23, Issue 2 (Summer 2010) New Books and DVDs for Families. How Can I Work with My EI Service Provider to Help My Child? Tip Box: Director’s Corner – 3 key principles for EI in natural environments
- Volume 23, Issue 1 (Spring 2010) The EI Clearinghouse: a Resource for Families
- Volume 22, Issue 3 (Fall 2009) EI Clearinghouse Moves to Champaign. What Is the Role of the EI Service Provider? Tip Box: Director’s Corner – introducing EI Notes, pleased to be w/ IEITP & PC. Tip Box: Natural Enviroments. Tip Box: Natural Environments in the Community.
- Volume 22, Issue 2 (Summer 2009) Attachment and Early Relationships: Building a Foundation for Healthy Emotional Development. Parenting Tips for Bonding with Baby. Tip Box: Separation Anxiety in Infants and Toddlers. Tip Box: Web Sites Concerned with Attachment and Early Relationships.
- Volume 22, Issue 1 (Spring 2009) Celebrating Change: Transition from Early Intervention. What Parents Can Do to Help in the Transition Process. Tip Box: Web Sites of Interest. Tip Box: Illinois-Specific Resources for Transition. Tip Box: DHS Part C State Application Available for Review.
- Volume 21, Issue 4 (Winter 2009) Recognizing Sleep Disorders in Your Infant. Do’s and Don’ts for Teaching Your Child Good Sleep Habits. Tip Box: Preventing SIDS.
- Volume 21, Issue 3 (Fall 2008) Early Intervention and Autism: Common Sense Reasons to Participate. Diagnosis and Early Intervention in Autism. Tip Box: Popular Web Sites Devoted to Autism. Tip Box: “Red Flags” of Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Volume 21, Issue 2 (Summer 2008) What are the Benefits of Early Intervention? Ideas for Improving Child and Family Outcomes. Tip Box: Web Sites Related to Family and Child Outcomes. Tip Box: How can I get materials from the library? Resource Guide: Books and Videos on Improving Child and Family Outcomes
- Volume 21, Issue 1 (Spring 2008) Finding Child Care for Children with Special Needs. Finding Childcare in Illinois: Utilizing INCCRRA. Tip Box: DHS Child Care Assistance Program. Tip Box: Sharing Information with a Caregiver “Cheat Sheet”. Tip Box: Benefits of Inclusive Child Care. Tip Box: Useful Web Sites on Child Care.
- Volume 20, Issue 4 (Winter 2008) Infant and Toddler Safety: Learning from Birth. Safety Checklist for Infants and Toddlers. Tip Box: Reducing the Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: The Safe Sleep Top 10. Tip Box: Web Sites of Interest.