We hope you and your family are doing well. At the Early Intervention Clearinghouse (EIC), we plan to provide updates about early intervention in Illinois during COVID-19. As our second update, we want to provide a brief summary of resources and guidance about early intervention.
- You have three ways to receive early intervention services: in-person, live video visits, and phone consultation. For more information about each option, you can:
- Watch this webinar about early intervention and transition during COVID-19.
- If you need technology (e.g., devices, Internet) to access live video visits, you may consider:
- This document, where you will find resources to secure technology and Internet access.
- The EIC technology loan program (i.e., iPads with data plans, iPads with WiFi, and hotspots), which is available to Illinois families for free.
- To date, there are many resources about early intervention during COVID-19. Here are some links you may be interested in:
- Tip sheets about live video visits.
- Having Safe In-Person Early Intervention Visits tip sheet
- This page of resources, strategies, and activities for young children during COVID-19.
- Formal guidance from the Bureau of Early Intervention.
- Frequently asked questions about early intervention during COVID-19.
- Social-Emotional Supports for Children and Families During COVID-19
There is a workgroup composed of relevant stakeholders (including families and providers) to draft a plan for resuming in-person early intervention services while adhering to safety guidelines. Check here for more weekly updates about the workgroup.
We will continue to update you about early intervention. If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please reach out to Meghan Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org).